What Do I Know About Milestones? Milestones VI
Yes, I read my comics this Wednesday, but hoo boy does time get away from you when the time machine is in the shop.
So, without further ado, let’s look at what the comics caused to sprout in my brain, shall we?
First up, let’s look at Avengers Assemble #7. There were cosmic events! There were mass battles! Explosion! But what inspired me? Black Widow and Rocket Raccoon both perform support actions that save various heavy hitters that get waylaid in the big fight.
- 1 XP When you point out to a teammate the perilous situation another teammate is in, or you nag your teammates about an action they should or shouldn’t have taken.
- 3 XP When you perform a recovery action on an ally to get them back into the fight.
- 10 XP When an ally that you brought back into the fight with your recovery action is the one to end a serious threat in a way that only that ally could end the threat.
The next milestone is inspired by the relationship between Xavier and Scott as explored in Avengers versus X-Men #11, as well as Captain America’s acknowledgement of Xavier’s expertise in the situation that is unfolding in that issue.
I Put You On This Path
- 1 XP When you fail in a task, and you mention that your chosen mentor or seasoned ally would not have made the mistake that you just made, or when you successfully complete an action and you credit the advice that your chosen mentor or seasoned ally has given you in the past.
- 3 XP When you create a resource by consulting with your chosen mentor or a seasoned ally.
- 10 XP When you reach a critical juncture and realize that no matter how good the advice of the past has been, you must do things your own way, or when you realize that all of your attempts to follow your mentor or ally’s path have led to ruin, and you vow to never follow their example or advice ever again.
The next set of milestones is inspired by the team up between Spider-Man and Deadpool in Avenging Spider-Man #12. There is only one line from this issue that could possibly used for this set of milestones, so without further preamble:
Now Let’s Roll Some Twelve-Siders and Crack Some Skulls
- 1 XP When your allies express a desire to not have you as an ally, but you express a desire to team up with them.
- 3 XP When all of your allies agree that your tactics and methods are wrong, but you criticize their actions instead.
- 10 XP When you reveal that your team up had an ulterior motive that is detrimental to your allies, and you either abandon them to the situation you got them into, or they forgive you (for the moment) and work with you to fix the problem.
This next set of milestones is based on the team up that wasn’t, namely Captain America and Black Widow #636.
The World is So Much Bigger Than We Comprehend
- 1 XP When you enter a situation that you have more knowledge of than you allies.
- 3 XP When you create an asset for an ally by giving up a small amount of information, or by acting against a foe or a situation that is more dangerous than you allies realize.
- 10 XP When you eliminate a major threat without your allies learning everything that you know about that threat, or when you let your allies in on everything you know about the threat before you take that threat out.
Finally, this last set of milestones is based on the events of Scarlet Spider #9.
This is Not What I Signed Up For
- 1 XP When you begin a scene in team affiliation with a group of heroes that are all members of a formal team, but you are not.
- 3 XP When you go into solo affiliation in order to draw a threat away from your temporary allies.
- 10 XP When your temporary allies ask you to join their team, and you either vehemently object to joining or reluctantly decide to give it a try.
I havent had a chance to use any of your Milestones yet, but I wanted you to know I have been enjoying them