What Do I Know About Milestones? Milestones XI
As the first Marvel Now issues begin to surface, and we get plenty of rumors and rampant speculation, let’s turn our attention mining the issues that did come out for some milestone inspiration. Join me, won’t you?
This Place Is A Mecca For Morons
- 1 XP When you realize that you are under a coordinated attack by C-List villains, and you call them out on their deficiencies.
- 3 XP The first time you take out one of the C-List minions using a single action.
- 10 XP When you defeat the villain behind the various C-Listers, and you either express your appreciation that they have risen above their own C-List status, or you note that they were once a serious villain and their choice of minions has now put that status in doubt.
Next on our cavalcade of milestones is an issue that is a bit heavier in tone compared to the one mentioned above, notably, we turn our attention to Avengers versus X-Men: Consequences #1.
I Know What I Should Do
- 1 XP When you realize what the best course of action would be, and you express to an ally that you do not wish to take that action.
- 3 XP When you either take stress or trauma expressly because you are avoiding doing what you need to do, or you take stress or trauma because you are attempting to do what needs to be done.
- 10 XP When you complete the unpleasant task that you wished to avoid, in order to facilitate the greater good, or when you take actions that will make that unpleasant task impossible to ever complete because you have given into temptations.
Next up, we look at some milestones that come from the lands of spider spin-offs, specifically Scarlet Spider #10, where we look at some milestones inspired by the Minimum Carnage (I just love typing that) crossover.
What the Hell Was That?
- 1 XP When an someone that is potentially an ally instead attempts to inflict physical stress on you, and you express surprise over the attack.
- 3 XP When you threaten to kill or seriously harm a potential ally that has attacked you in the past.
- 10 XP When you either decide that the greater threat that you and your dangerous ally face is important enough to risk another potential surprise attack and you place yourself in a dangerous situation with that ally, or when your decide that keeping your own skin intact is more important than any potential threat and you leave your dangerous ally to his own devices, regardless of the consequences later on.
It’s All On The Line
- 1 XP When you express to an ally that is skeptical of your dependability that you can be counted on when the going gets tough.
- 3 XP When you exploit your own stress or a complication in order to help your action succeed when you are at a critical juncture in a mission.
- 10 XP When all of your other allies are stressed or complicated out of a scene, and you either take down a major threat by yourself, or your actions bring one of your allies back into the scene so that they can finish off that grave threat.
Come Have a Cup of Coffee With Me
- 1 XP When you enter into a buddy or team affiliation with a hero or heroes that you have not been on a team with before.
- 3 XP When you perform a support action for a hero that you have not been on a team with before, and you are successful, almost as if you are a natural to work with them.
- 10 XP When you are offered the leadership of a special team that is being organized, and you either accept that leadership position, or you decide that you need to stay as far away from any super teams as you possibly can for the foreseeable future.
Hope everyone enjoys this week’s offerings, and I hope everyone gets the chance to experience some great gaming!