On the Edge . . . of the Empire
Thursday night was the first night that my Gand colonist (scholar) got to play with the group. The ongoing storyline involves a scavenger’s hunt across the galaxy to pick up various and sundry strange articles in order to satisfy a Hutt that is calling in a marker on our Rodian pilot’s debts.
The last session that occurred, which I sat in for, involved he group gathering some Rancor eggs. This session started where the last one ended, with our group of adventurers landing on Dantooine looking for a dozen or so hive monkeys.
My character is a Gand named . . . Gand. He’s got a legal designation based on his clan, generation, and birth order, but he’s not earned his own name yet. In fact, this generation of his family has done so poorly in it’s testing that they have been designated “sub-Gand,” and thus have been reclassed as available for slave status.
My own Gand was to have been tested as a Findsman, but with no talent for “mystical matters,” he has been reluctant to attempt his qualification exams. Further, he feels obligated to his clan to purchase their freedom so that they may attempt to test back into Gand status and eventually earn their own names as well.
Gand studied accounting and finance, and in order to turn some quick credits started working for underworld types to launder their credits. When his bosses were eliminated by rival factions, Gand stowed away on the group’s ship, and that’s where we begin. We land on Dantooine and the following happens:
- Locating hive monkeys isn’t easy.
- We eventually found a comm frequency with a crazy old researcher on planet that gave us a clue where to start looking.
- Trandoshans like to haze Wookiees when they use climbing gear.
- Bigger, nastier hive monkey like creatures chased the other hive monkeys out of the pit.
- Gand panicked and vaporized the first hive monkey over the lip of he pit.
- Gand caught a hive monkey in his robes.
- After the Wookiee climbed down the pit to gather the hive monkeys, they swarmed over him.
- Between the Trandoshan, the Medical Droid/Assassin, and the humans, he rampaging hive monkeys ran up the ramp, and the human closed he ramp.
- Gand barely made it back on the ship, with a monkey in his robes. The Wookiee was still down the hole.
- The Wookiee unhooked his climbing gear when the swarm reached him, and as such, wasn’t attached when the ship took off.
- The Wookiee took some bites from the more bitey hive-monkey-like creatures.
- The rest of the group goes back for the Wookiee, get the rope back to him, and the group heads off.
- Holy crap, I got to use Respected Scholar. When I made the character, I never thought I would actually use it.
- Our human, Max Damage, helped me set up a deal with my old contact to get him off planet if he needed it.
- Our medical droid/assassin tried to pick up some neurotoxins in the medical school portion of the university, but failed. Thankfully, he remained undetected, since, you know, he’s a droid.
- Figured out a Sith Mediation Stone is a really uncomfortable stone slab that Sith kneel on to help them focus their anger.
- Figured out that we could either go to a specific Hutt for a line on finding Korriban, or we could attempt to slice a computer in secure location to find it.
- Definitely decided not to throw the word “Korriban” around the university much since all classes that referenced the Sith in any manner were shut down by the Empire.