The Road Wears Ever On (Marvel Heroic Civil War, Session Two–June 17th, 2013)
Last Monday was our second session of the Civil War event I’m running for Marvel Heroic. We were missing the player who has the Thing and Yellowjacket in his troupe, so our potential team consisted of Captain America, Luke Cage, Daredevil, the Hulk, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Tigra, Ms. Marvel, Thor, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spider-Woman, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man.
If you are interested, the video can be found here:
The quick version?
- Doctor Strange whipped up a powerful ward to make it harder for anyone to claim Enderstahl, now that it fell outside of Broxton, Oklahoma, and Reed Richards and Hank McCoy rigged up some scientific whosits to help guard it, and Tony provided the power supply.
- Banner woke up in an abandoned military base, which was being ransacked by Hydra, and he called in the Avengers. Banner made a makeshift blaster and took a shot at one of the Hydra Dreadnaughts, and then called “Avengers Assemble” as everyone arrived. Spider-Woman tried to take aside one of the Hydra agents, Ms. Marvel absorbed the blast from the Hydra Bot Transport, and Tony shut down everybody’s equipment with a big EMP blast. Also, Hawkeye harassed Captain America about taking out more Hydra agents than Cap did.
- Banner was happy to make it through the fight contributing as Banner, but then he got frustrated treating Spider-Man’s wounds, and turned into the Hulk.
- Cap and Iron Man caught wind that Congress might be discussing the SHRA again after years of it being abandoned, and Spider-Man and Daredevil heard rumors about a massive hit being put out on Hammerhead by Kingpin when Hammerhead arrived at the airport this evening.
- A mob of thugs enhanced with Mutant Growth Hormone charged Hammerhead’s limo, and they beat the crap out of Spider-Man before being subdued by Hulk and Thor.
- The limo that was suppose to contain Hammerhead went out of control, and Hawkeye fired an adamantium arrow through it to herd it toward Tigra, who jumped on top of it and yanked the driver out of the driver’s seat, ending the threat of the runaway limo, and finding out that “Hammerhead” was actually a Life Model Decoy set to explode.
- Thor flew the LMD out into space so that it didn’t hurt anyone.
- Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk, Spider-Woman, Tigra, and Spider-Woman visited Wilson Fisk (the Kingpin) at Ryker’s Island to discuss the hit. Fisk denied that he was feuding with Hammerhead or that he had hired the thugs, and mentioned that he had heard about an increase in MGH on the streets.
- The thugs confirmed that they were hired by a mysterious cloaked figure that disappeared after he gave them some cash and the address of the lab that the Serpent Society guarded before the Hulk destroyed it.
- Cap took Hulk out for pizza and ice cream, and owed the rest of the team a beer.