Other Geekdom Pursuits
So, my 40 days of avoiding gaming of all stripes is nearly over. But I’m too much of a geek to go totally without any form of geekdom. I’m just not wired that way. So how does a gamer keep keep his head above water with geeky pursuits while avoiding gaming?
- Finished the audiobook for Star Wars Annihilation
- Finished the audiobook for Star Wars Revan
- Finished the audiobook for Star Wars Honor Among Thieves
- Finished the audiobook for the novelization for Star Wars Episode III–Revenge of the Sith
- Finished the audiobook for Furies of Calderon
- Started reading ebook of Star Wars Choices of One (not finished)
- Started reading ebook of Death’s Angels (not finished)
- Started reading ebook of The Weight of Blood (not finished)
- Started reading actual book of Fortress Draconis (not finished)
- Continued reading actual book Horus Heresy False Gods (not finished)
Note: Not finishing a book has nothing to do with the quality of the book or my enjoyment of said book. If you gave me 20 new books, by the end of the week I would likely have started all 20 of them, until I finally get fed up with myself and force myself to focus on one instead of going round robin on all of them.
- Read the series Star Wars Agent of the Empire–Hard Targets
- Reread Rat Queens up to the current issue
- Read Age of Ultron, found out that if I went back in time to keep myself from reading it I could cause Image comics characters to shift into this reality, decided against it
- Read all issues of All New X-Men currently on Marvel Unlimited
- Read all issues of the current Avengers series on Marvel Unlimited
Captain America–The Winter Soldier. If I watched anything else, it didn’t stay with me.
- Caught up with Agents of SHIELD online
- Watched season six of the Clone Wars on Netflix
- Watched all five seasons of Fringe on Amazon Prime
- Watched season one of Defiance on Amazon Prime
- Watched Wrestlemania (I’ve got a whole blog post percolating about storytelling lessons learned from sports entertainment)
So, that was the geekier side of my last 40+ days. I haven’t cracked an RPG book or started up a video game for quite a while. But I know where all of my books are, and my controller is within easy reach.